Monday, September 01, 2008

Where Are Brad and Angelina?

It's interesting to see all the celebrities fixing and donating after the fact. I didn't see any filling sandbags before the storm. Interesting. I'm sure they will be available for still shots later this week. I guess the film festival is more important than helping your neighbors.

The wind and rain is definitely beating Baton Rouge and surrounding areas much harder than Katrina or Rita. I can't get an exact read but it is greater than 50 mph. No significant damage around the neighborhood. A few fences and trees are down. There are also shingles all over the yards. No leaks in the attic. It is supposed to beat down on us for another 3 hours.

I saw someone driving in the neighborhood - moron. There has been at least one fatality of someone driving and crashing into a tree. There is a rumor about someone driving by the outlet mall in Gonzales and their car being hit by a tree but I cannot confirm it. I know of two friends who had trees go down and hit their neighbors car. One neighbor is in Europe, so they will have a nice surprise when they get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are probably with Anderson Cooper commiserating about how unscathed NOLA is. George Bush must not hate enough this year.