Saturday, September 03, 2005

Ammunition Update

It is sad to see when common sense no longer prevails. Academy Sports in Baton Rouge has pulled all of their guns and ammuntion out of the store. They did this on Wednesday. I hope all of their customers complain. A store that sells hunting and fishing items should not bow to this pressure. When your government can't apparently protect you, they ensure the means are taken away to protect yourself.

On a sad note, the reality of the situation is everywhere. While I was at Acedemy Sports I saw a trailer pull up and 4 full shopping carts of rubber boots were loaded into it. I didn't interupt them to see where they were going but I'm sure it was cleanup duty.

I have found several friends I assumed were OK but couldn't track down. All of the college crowd is safe and sound although one brainiac stayed in a condo on the lakefront. I'll get his story and post it later. If they only knew how happy/mad we are when we find them... Also, Mr. D has checked in for those who care. We have tracked down all but one rocketeer as well.

I have confirmations from several people that have been able to get in and out prior to the Monday official entry. It appears that cell phones are working outbound in these areas. Much of Kenner and Metarie is dry now and people who have IDs with Kenner or Metarie addresses have made it in. We may try a run tomorrow but may decide to wait until Monday. I'll have the camera and video out to get some good images. Security is tight but if it works, I'll post the magic way into the kingdom in case you need it. I'll also have several cell phones from different carriers and post who is working and who is not. Hopefully diesel and propane is being allowed into the city as the cell towers have about a 2 week generator on them.

I'm sure there will be more later. We have another family coming over to our house that has just arrived.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. The people who really need them are still in the city. If you or anyone does come to help, contact the red cross or the Louisiana OEP. I'll post some links later.